Forms gather and display input from users.
- Forms may autosave or require a submit event depending on context and the type of input.
- Inputs should include:
- A brief and descriptive labels
- ‘(Optional)’ after the label iif the field is optional
- A character count if there is a limit
- An indication of output value if the input is a slider
- A placeholder that shows the user what an acceptable value looks like (except for passwords or any private information)
- Inline validation and an appropriate error message if the input must match a specific pattern
- Helper text, if the reason for the input is not immediately obvious
- Distinct visual indications for blurred, focused, error, and read-only states